Customer Service Course Outline
Prerequisites: NQF Level 3 numeracy and literacy skills
NQF Level: 4
Course Dates : Contact us for Dates
Other Locations : Contact us for dates in other locations
Distance Learning : Please note that we offer distance learning. Please contact us for details
Lesson 1: Internal and external customers
- Supply chain
- Systems theory
- Open and closed systems
- Flow through a system
- Inputs, Processes, Outputs
- Business systems and the business process
- What is a customer?
- Internal customers
- Interaction with other departments
- External customers
- Immediate and remote customers
- Identify Key Customers
Lesson 2: Standards of Customer Service
- What Is Customer Service?
- Customer Service Policy
- Customer Service Standards
- Key performance areas
- How To “Wow” The Customer
- The Value-Adding Pipeline
- Attract, Maintain & Retain A Customer
- What Is Interaction?
- The Mystery Customer
- The Way You Promote Image
Lesson 3: Measure Customer Satisfaction
- Manage customer satisfaction
- Who Is Responsible For Customer Satisfaction?
- Developing A Customer Service Strategy
- Identify customer service needs
- Define customer service objectives
- Setting priorities for customer service
- The Customer Service Model
- Explore and describe the solutions that will work
- Follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Effective Customer Service Matrix
- Customer Service Audit
- Identify possible solutions
- Establish customer service levels
Lesson 4: Corrective Action
- Ten commandments of superior customer service relationships
- Levels Of Customer Contact
- Satisfied and Loyal Customers
- Steps To Earning Customer Loyalty
- Make recommendations to management
- Continuous Improvement Checklist
Unit Standard Alignment:
- US 242829, Monitor the level of service to a range of customers, NQF 4, 5 credits
Credits obtained during this skills programme will contribute towards qualification 57712, FETC: Generic Management, LP 47630, Level 4.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Simulations, Videos/DVDs; and learner assessment.
Language of delivery:
- Upon completion, the learner will receive a Turnstone Certificate of Attendance.
- Upon verified Competence, the learner will receive a Certificate of Competence from Turnstone and Services SETA.
Accreditation and Registration:
Services SETA: 6465