Lesson 1: The nature and application of a project and its management
- What is a task list?
- Prioritise tasks
- Allocate the tasks
- The purpose of a task list for yourself and your team
- How to produce a task list for the team in order to meet organisational requirements
- Control checklist
- Planning and scheduling
- Steps to create a schedule
- Formatting a task list
- Time wasters
- How can the above factors influence productivity?
- Pro-active vs. Re-active time
- Recording of information and documentation on the task list
- Flagging of information and documentation for further attention
Lesson 2: Prioritise personal and team tasks
- Criteria for prioritising tasks
- Tips for prioritising
- Be pro-active
- Systematic recording of information in a diary
- Appointments, Meetings, Deadlines, Events
- Holidays and leave
- Resources and the acquisition thereof
- Internal memos
- Promotional planners
- Branch instructional letters (BIL’s)
Lesson 3: Use and maintain a diary
- Personal organiser
- Appointment book
- The purpose of a diary
- Actions to be taken according to diary entries
- The action plan
Lesson 4: Implement and maintain personal and team task lists
- Implement and maintain personal and team tasks
- Assign tasks to the team
- Stakeholders are informed of the tasks
- Amendment of task list where necessary
- Adding of new tasks and re-prioritising
- Monitoring of team members’ job description
- Reporting of completed tasks
Unit Standard Alignment:
- US 242811, Prioritise time and work for self and team, NQF 4, 5 credits
Credits obtained during this skills programme will contribute towards qualification 57712, FETC: Generic Management, LP 47630, Level 4.
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Plays; Exercises & Case Studies; Simulations, Videos/DVDs; and learner assessment.
Language of delivery:
- Upon completion, the learner will receive a Turnstone Certificate of Attendance.
- Upon verified Competence, the learner will receive a Certificate of Competence from Turnstone and Services SETA.
Accreditation and Registration:
Services SETA: 6465